Private or friend’s visit
You want to visit relatives, friends or relationships.
The digital fingerprinting and a photograph of a clear face are mandatory. This requires that each applicant comes personally at the visa section.
For Sudanese : submit a completely filled application (see below) translated in French language, by the University of Khartoum/ Translation Unit and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
For other nationalities : submit a completely filled form, legalized by their embassies.
Sunday to Thursday from 10:00 am to 12:00 am, only by appointment through Internet (see the above address on the home page).
At visa section.
- Your signed and completed short-stay visa application, with two recent passport photographs (visible forehead, ears and neck). Download the form.
- Obligation to write clearly and accurately telephone number to 10 digits and email address.
- Photocopies of all used pages of passports. For nationals of other than Sudanese nationality, photocopies of the residence permit must also be presented.
- Concerning the person you want to visit in France (the host).
- If the host is :
- Foreigner : a copy of the passport and the residence carte.
- French or a Schengen area national : a copy of the identity card.
- The original and a copy of the host certificate. This document is to be established by the town council at residence, the police or gendarmerie brigade of the place where live the inviting person (the original of the certificate referred by the Embassy issuing the visa may be requested at the border crossing).
- Invitation letter from the host in France indicating the purpose of the visit.
- 120 euros per day / person in cash or payment by international bank card in his name. That sum or the card (with bank statement written in French to support) must be presented to police officer at the border, upon entry to the Schengen area.
- If the host certificate is not available, a proof of accommodation must be presented at the entrance of the Schengen area to the officer of the border police.
- Medical and repatriation insurance amounting to 30 000 euros, covering the entire stay in Europe. (A copy of this document and the original will be returned to the visa applicants who must carry it upon traveling).
- In case of family visit : official legalized document attesting family ties (Birth certificate, marriage certificate, …).
- Original work certificate of employer indicating his name and function, monthly salary, absence permit for the duration of the holiday. This document must include the address and telephone numbers of the employer, the seal of the company, the name and function of the issuing person. Also attach a copy of the license of the company.
- Proof of regular income in Sudan (monthly salary or retirement or pension or rental income and bank savings, bank statement of the last three months, ....) or any elements related to the personal situation of applicant (property certificate, ....).
- Confirmed round trip Air booking.
Published in February, 2015