Applying for a French visa in Sudan
Visa applications submitted in Sudan are processed by the consular section of the French Embassy in Khartoum.
For general information and for preparing, submitting and tracking your application, log on to France-visas, the official website for visa application to France.
France-visas is a single portal with all the information you need process and help you every step of the way (preparing the application, entering details, submitting and tracking the application).
Do I need a visa ?
First, use “Visa wizard” to check, based on your situation, whether you need a visa and if so, what type. The wizard will also tell you what documents must be enclosed with your application, along with the relevant fee.
Complete your application online
Once you have confirmed that you need a visa, you can complete your application on our online portal. You will be asked to create a France-Visas account, which you will need for each step of the process.
Submit your application to the visa centre
Once you have completed your online application, all you have to do is submit it to your local visa centre. France-Visas will provide you with all necessary information on how and where to submit your application.
Track your visa application
Once your application has been submitted, track its progress and see how and when you can collect your passport and how to prepare for your trip to France.
Waiting times for appointments and for processing applications will vary depending on your nationality and the time of year.
Users are therefore asked to submit their visa applications well in advance of their departure date.
Street 13, Plot 11, Block 12 Amarat, KHARTUM
The visa section of the Embassy of France is located in the Consular Department.
Opening hours for the public : from Sunday to Thursday from 10:00 to 12:00 for filing applications and 12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. for withdrawals of records.
NEW PROCEDURE TO REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT FOR VISA APPLICATION
The French embassy in Sudan informs visa applicants that a new appointment-requesting system is or will be implemented starting from the 1st of December 2017.
|The applicants will now have to request an appointment by sending an electronic mail (e-mail), and only one mail to the following address (Don’t repeat request|
The applicant must specify in his message the planned date of the travel to France and attach a copy of his passport.
If these items are included in the message, the Embassy is committed to respond within as soon as possible, proposing an appointment date compatible with the scheduled departure date.
The applicants should note that no information, other than the date of the appointment, will be given by e-mail.
For any other question, applicants are kindly requested to consult the dedicated section in the Embassy website
They will find the application forms to download as well as the list of required documents according to the type of visa.
Applicants’ attention is drawn to the need to anticipate their visa applications, as much as possible, at least 1 month before departure or 1 month before the expiry of the previous visa.
Appointments are taken individually. For example, a family consisting of three persons has to take three separated appointments. Unjustified absence from the fixed date may lead to rejection of the visa in the next appointment.
According to authorities of Consulates General of each country, applications of the Schengen visa must be submitted to the Embassy France if it is the main destination, even if the first entry to the Schengen area is not France.
Necessary procedures :
1 / Required documents
- Each visa applicant must be in possession of a travel document (passport).
- The travel document must be valid for a period of less than 10 years.
- After the visa expiry date, it is imperative that the passport is still valid for at least 3 months.
- The application submission must be done personally, as it is compulsory to take the digital fingerprints and photos (2) : 35x45 mm on white background.
- The application form (see § 6) must be complete, all fields filled must be clearly filled.
- All original documents must be presented on A4, and photocopied by the applicant, including the passport. Without these copies, the file will be not admissible.
- All documents must be translated by Translation Unit/ University of Khartoum, and ratified from the ministry of Foreign Affairs, for Sudanese or from the concerned embassy for others.
- The Visa section reserves the right to require, if necessary, other additional documents. In this case, any error related to the phone number and e-mail address may lead to rejection of the file.
2/ File processing
- The incompressible period for processing applications is 15 days.
- Providing a complete file does not grant the right to obtain a visa.
- A short-stay visa couldn’t be converted to the long-stay visa. The applicant has to return to Sudan to apply for a long-stay visa.
3/ Couldn’t you set an appointment ?
- Sometimes it is also necessary to refresh the page if an error occurs during the first test. If an error message is displayed when making your appointment, this lets think that your computer is not configured correctly.
- Use Internet Explorer (Windows) 6.0 and later versions with Service Pack 2 or Firefox, version 1.0 and higher or Mozilla, versions 1.7.8 and higher.
- Install version 5 or higher of Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to print the receipt of your intake appointment.
- Allow the opening of pop-up (browser setting).
4/ Visa fees
Application fees for short-stay visa are 60 euros and 99 euros for long stay (per person). Application fees for OFPRA (French Office for the Protection of Refugees and Stateless Persons) and OFII (French Office for Migration and Integration) : 99 euros per person. It is payable upon approval of the file. Only local currency is accepted (Sudanese Pounds), according to the rate of chancery. Payment is made when the mandatory fingerprint is taken. Please bring banknotes of (5) pounds and of one metal pound to have exact change.
|Effective February 10, 2019, the visa service enables applicants a new possibility of visa fees payment through credit card.|
A credit card reader has already been made available for this purpose and visa applicants are now able to pay their visa fees, either in cash or by credit card.
IMPORTANT : applicants wishing to pay by credit card must indicate that when they submit their file.
5/ What type of passport do you have ?
- Holders of official passports (diplomatic, service and "for business") must submit their visa applications through the Sudanese government Departments or authorized agencies, from Sunday to Thursday between 9am and 10am without an appointment, then come in person later.
- The spouse of French citizens must appear in person without an appointment from Sunday to Thursday between 9am and 10am.
- All other holders of ordinary passports must apply in person through appointment.
- Information note for visa applicants on taking fingerprints and digitized photographs Click here
6/ What type of visa do you want ?
- Short-stay visa (maximum 90 days within a period of 183 days) : application forms for visa can be downloaded here
- Long stay visa (more than 90 consecutive days of stay) : application forms for visa can be downloaded here
A holder of a visa issued by a Schengen State can move freely within the Schengen area unless otherwise indicated on the visa. The Schengen States include Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden and Switzerland.
The Embassy of France handles visa applications by representation for Portugal.
Documents submitted in a language other than French must be translated by Translation Unit/ University of Khartoum, at applicant’s expense.
Applications sent by mail are not accepted.
Application forms for visas are free
Travel Insurance is mandatory. Please consult the list of insurance providers dealing with Schengen Embassies : Click here
7/ The Visa Information System
For notice related to the informations about VIS, Click here
8/ What is your special case ? (List of required documents)